As some of you know, I am no longer able to access my old blog site, http://makemeamiss.wordpress.com, due to a slight mix-up in passwords and getting a new email account. So I’ve revived the blogging glory by creating a new and improved site with a fresh look, snazzy name, and cool features (check out the twitter feed on the right)! On that theme, I must immediately credit the amazing Shannon O. for the creation of the catchy blog title. Shannon is a Miss VA sister AND a Phi Mu sister (double whammy). Her witty and creative personality coined the phrase “hazing hurts…so do heels” just for moi! Follow her funny blog here: www.shannonsnyc.blogspot.com.
For those of you who are not former readers of Make Me a Miss, check it out, the posts are still in tact. However, I’m sure you’ll realize my most current post is from mid-April–Yikes! So, so much has happened since then. I’ll try to get you up to speed…
- Apple Blossom Festival: awesome, felt like a celeb, beyond content surrounded by a land of pink & green.
- Exams/End of school year: studied a lot=not fun, a lot of my best friends graduated=super sad. But I did make the Dean’s List, so that’s a plus!
- May Term in Scotland: my first trip to Europe! It was exciting to get the chance to study art and architecture during this course and spend the time with my boyfriend James, our friend Rosa, and my Phi Mu sister KG.
- Miss VA Prep crunch time: one word…WHIRLWIND. Probably the most stressful month of my life thus far.
- Novak Institute for Hazing Prevention: Informative and inspirational. This experience truly moved me to take steps forward to make a difference in my campus community and beyond (Superhero? Possibly.) Lehigh U has a beautiful campus and the drive to Bethlehem, PA was the longest solo drive I’ve ever made–go me! I also felt the calling to work in Higher Education/Student Affairs and have been taking steps ever since to get ready to apply to grad school…GRE date is Oct 8!
- Miss Virginia!: A fun, action-packed, exhausting, exhilarating week! I got to be a part of the Top 11 as the People’s Choice winner which means I was on TV, hooray! I also made friends with some crazy, awesome, awkward, nice girls, including my roomie Madeleine, who I am obsessed with. We stayed up way too late pillowtalking everynight and we text often to this day. Shoutouts to the Luck family, the Kelly family, and Anna for being part of this experience and providing amazing support. My family & James went above and beyond the call of duty and I probably would have collapsed without their unending support (the buttons with my picture on them and “CHAR IS A STAR” signs didn’t hurt, either). It was such a pleasure to represent the land of pink & green and be at Miss VA as MISS APPLE BLOSSOM.
- Miss VA Recovery: This has mainly consisted of eating.
- Phi Mu Officer Retreat: Planning the fall semester, making beaded jewelry, dinner at Blue 5, & catching up with sisters…Vice President is a great job.
- Luck Fam beach vacay + Fraser Fam beach vacay=extra long beach vacay! Let’s just say, I’m pretty tan right now
…So that’s where we stand! When I get home from the beach, I have a few more days working at The Pink Palm, I’ll finish organizing the supercute decor for my new room in a house this year, continue studying for the GRE, and then it’s back to Sunny Salem to help lead orientation and take the final lap.
Stay tuned for local pageant competition news and some exciting announcements about the Roanoke College’s first annual participation in National Hazing Prevention Week.